FEMA National Flood Insurance Update
Recent changes in National Flood Insurance rates are expected to affect many Sandy-impacted communities. Some resources that may be helpful are below:
Center for New York City Neighborhoods provides information for homeowners regarding:
- rate increases of over 18%
- surcharges being applied to primary homeowners
- questions and links for more information or to be connected to a housing counseling or legal services.
GJNY takes a close look at the proposed subsidy package--worth nearly $130 million--for Fresh Direct to relocate to the South Bronx. In early 2012, Fresh Direct started a bidding war between New York City and New Jersey officials when it threatened to leave its current home in Long Island City, Queens. Learn more about the subsidies, job promises and the efforts of residents to block the on-line grocery retailer's move to their waterfront.
Good Jobs New York's analysis and recommendations regarding federal state and local resources used in the post-Hurricane Sandy rebuilding.
Our database contains information on thousands of companies that received economic development subsidies in New York City.
Learn about major corporate giveaways to the financial industry, sports facilities and retail developments in New York City.
- The Great American Jobs Scam: Corporate Tax Dodging and the Myth of Job Creation by Greg LeRoy, executive director of Good Jobs First
- Guide to Corporate Research by The Corporate Research Project
- Glossary of Terms by Good Jobs First